Less then a year after restarting the Time Program led by Omega, technicians began designing the first Proto-Time Travel Capsule.
While these Type 0 Proto-Time Travel Capsules would still be powered by Taranium, they no longer used matter for their shells. Instead they were composed of almost pure forced-matter calculations. These were the equations of pure movement, and thus they were the essence of transport. They were Dimensionally Immanent (i.e. smaller on the inside then the outside), and could only hold 3-4 people in any sort of comfort. Their interior resembled the interior of the "Cushing Film's" Tardis.
At the same time, Rassilon finished designing the Gallifrey based power mast that would receive the power from Qqaba. While Omega and Vandekirian were lost, the Qqaba mission was a success. Rassilon created the Universe's first Black Hole. And the anointing of time energy created the first Lords of Time. When completed, the Proto-Type 0 TT Capsules required Taranium for power, but once Qqaba had been turned into Omega's Black Star, the capsules receive their power collected from that detonation via Artron Energy broadcast though the Vortex by Gallifrey's Power Mast.
Rassilon entered the Black Hole to seize its nucleus using his personal Type 0 Model B TT Capsule of Rassilon himself. The capsule was capable of this feat only because one of the green crystals of its Dynamorphic Projector was exceptionally large and powerful. This crystal was known as the Star of Rassilon. The capsule and the Star were lost when one of Rassilon's cousins performed a miss-jump while travelling to the planet Radirr. The Star was later recovered for a short time by the Master who planned to used it to safely violate the Laws of Time.
- Based on Gallifreyan tachyonics.
- Composed of almost pure forced-matter calculations and movement equations
- Powered by Taranium until Omega's Black Star was detonated.
- Dimensionally Immanent
- Used Old High Gallifreyan for their programming code.
- *By decree of Rassilon this and all future TT Capsules would carry a Psycho-Telmeter to track vampires based only on a blood sample
- The first to have circuits that allowed the Ring of Rassilon to remotely override the commands of the operator. By tradition, these circuits will be installed on all future Capsules.
- First TT Capsule to have Banshee Circuits
- Used to create the Web of Time and the Eye of Harmony
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.