By this point the people of the Gallifrey were using time travel against each other in petty feuds.[/ext[ Seeing the dangers of this, Rassilon created the Laws of Time, based on Mason and Aaron Blinovitch's work on temporal science. Shortly after the creation of the Eye of Harmony he decreed that every TARDIS must have interfaces that prevent them from travelling into Gallifrey's Future. This started with the Type 9. In addition to this, Gallifrey's past is protected by powerful Temporal Baffles, Backtime Field Buffers, and Temporal Locks.
The original Worshipful and Ancient Law of Gallifrey was created to serve as a "key" to the Time Lord prison asteroid, Shada. When the pages of this book are turned while within a TARDIS the book will use Remote Control to pilot a TARDIS to Shada.
- First to have Governor Circuits
- First to be able to be controlled by the "Worshipful and ancient Law of Gallifrey"
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.